Saturday, January 1, 2011

.2011.

Despite the fact that these last 4 months have not been my greatest, in this last week alone, I have remembered what I am blessed to have:
F a m i l y.
Tori is fond of taking solo showers now. Yes, the shots I took were of a naked child in a shower. But the pictures I took are among my favorites I've taken with my new camera because they range from images of purity (a small, innocent child playing in water), to silly shots that remind me how hilarious my sister can be, to ones that feel like deja vu, because they look so strikingly like pictures my mom took of me. 
If Sally Mann can do it, so can I.
F r i e n d s.
I was this close to not being with my best friends on New Years. I was going to let my fear and stubbornness get in the way of being in the company of people I treasure. But as I pack to return to DU tomorrow, I'm reminded of how much I missed these friends and how much every moment I can steal with them nowadays must be cherished.

I have faith and every confidence that the New Year will bring me the same magic that 2010's New Year brought me. I have faith that what everyone says is true: second semester of freshman year is infinitely better than the first. I have faith that I can turn this thing around. 

Because if we don't have family, friends, and faith, what else do we have?

No comments:

Post a Comment